Image courtesy of Grace in Design
If you’ve ever woken up from a full night’s sleep feeling tired, you may be wondering why. Sleep inertia is a physiological state of impaired cognitive and sensory-motor performance that is present immediately after awakening. It persists during the transition of sleep to wakefulness, where an individual will experience feelings of drowsiness, disorientation and a decline in motor dexterity. It can easily be caused by a mattress that is past its prime.
Although the rule of thumb varies from mattress to mattress, you should typically replace your mattress within 5 to 10 years of purchase. If you aren’t sure how long you’ve had your mattress, the level of comfort it provides can be a good test. The average human being spends almost one-third of their life on a mattress, hence, the need for a comfortable mattress can’t be denied. A good mattress defines your health and well-being.
One of the easiest ways to identify if it’s time to replace your mattress is to identify how you wake up. If you feel pain or stiffness in your body, perhaps your mattress isn’t giving your body the support it needs. If your own body has grown or experienced an injury, then it may be time to switch to a new mattress. This happens often with children’s beds. As a child’s body grows and changes, their old mattress can feel uncomfortable, resulting in unnecessary sleeplessness.
Read these tips to help determine if it is time to replace your mattress:
- Visible dips and springs in a mattress can signify that it’s time to replace your mattress.
- One of the prime reasons for chronic back pain is a mattress past its prime.
- An old, uncomfortable mattress may also lead to spinal disorders.
- Old mattresses can produce dust-mites that cause allergens and asthma.
- A worn out mattress doesn’t support your body in the correct manner, putting pressure on your airways, leading to snoring.
- Sleep deprivation due to an old mattress can result in weight gain.
- An old mattress that isn’t providing high sleep quality can result in unnecessary sleeplessness, stress and emotional disorders.
- An average mattress is said to last 5-10 years. However, the life of a mattress and good sleep also depends on the type of mattress you choose. Not all mattresses are created equal.
The Agility by Therapedic mattress is a hybrid mattress with micro-coils that provide comfort and health for the long haul. The mini micro-coils used in Agility mattress make the mattress lighter, sturdier and extremely comfortable. These coils have ventilation that allow heat and air to pass through easily, keeping your body cool, dry and comfortable all night long. Scientific studies reveal that hybrid coil mattresses maintain their shape and provide support through many years of use.
If your mattress is past its prime, consider upgrading to the Agility by Therapedic mattress. It can be ordered from home and will be delivered directly to your door. With free shipping and a 100 day trial, you have nothing to lose!